Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Relaxation

So, on my way to work this morning I had about 10 minutes of silence (with the exception of the car sounds and the other cars on the road) and I started to actually relax...just a little bit.  And with this slightest bit of relaxation I started to think...I need more of this!  Then the thoughts started to flow.  I won't talk you through how I got from A to Z on my ideas, but here's what I came up with...

There is a a yoga studio at one of our buildings  in town that we just recently renovated.  I happened to have to email the owner today to go over a couple of things and I mentioned that a couple of us in the office might be interested in some lunch time yoga.  Well, the owner bit the bait so to speak, and said that they happen to be adding some lunch time classes to their schedule at the end of next month and that he would drop off some free week long passes for us to try the classes out!

Now, one of my co-workers is always talking about how you have to put ideas out into the universe to make things happen.  And I guess today that happened for me!  I thought about the yoga idea most of the morning, talked with my co-worker about it, then happened to mention it to the yoga studio owner...and now I've got free passes!!

I feel like this is totally something I need right now.  Yeah, I could go and spend some ridiculous amount of money for a massage and I would walk away feeling good and relaxed, but I would also feel like I didn't accomplish anything...plus I can't afford to do that on a weekly, monthly or even semi-annual basis these days!  I feel like if I do yoga, then at least I would be "working" my body, I would be clearing my mind, and I would walk away feeling relaxed and refreshed...and hopefully could afford to do this at least on a weekly basis.  And one thing that really makes it work is that I can do it on my lunch...though, my lunch is technically only half an hour, but if I only went once a week, I could make up the time over the course of the week...details.

So, my plan for now is to try the classes out when they start at the end of September with my free pass and see how it goes.  In the meantime, I'll treasure my ten seconds of silence each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment