Monday, August 23, 2010

Stuck

Now you may have read the title and thought..."does she already have writers block?"

No. 

"Is she having problems at work or at home?" 

No.

"Did her car break down somewhere?"

No.

What I am referring to is an incident that happened to me this past weekend at...Victoria's Secret!  So here's how this incident played out...

My wonderful husband was ever so kind enough to offer a little of the money from the sale of his last bike for me to buy something for myself.  He told me that I should go buy a new bra and some makeup.  Now I won't go into the story of how this generous offer came about, as that is a whole other story for another day (and I care not to relive times that I've shed a tear).

So this past Sunday we piled into the truck and headed down to SLO...as it's obvious to anyone who lives around here that there is nothing short of a lack of shopping in A-town.  We eventually made our way to Victoria's Secret.  Now you may be stopping here and asking yourself why I would spend so much money on a bra at VS when I could easily run to Target and spend half as much.  Well, my friends, I went down that road a week or so ago and have since made 3 separate returns of bras that were just horrible and am now stuck with one that I tried to wear for a day and can't return.  I LOVE Target...don't get me wrong.  But I've thrown my hands into the air when it comes to purchasing a bra there.  And the two bras that I've been wearing for the past 4+ years every single day were from VS and they were wonderful.

Anyhow, I could write a whole novel about my old bras, but that would bore you.  So now on to the good part....

Like I said, I had been wearing the same bras for well over 4 years so needless to say they were a bit stretched out and very old.  Of course when I walked into the store, every college girl in there wanted to help me, but of course I refused and told them I knew exactly what I needed.  But after a few minutes I realized that in 4+ years the store had changed a little and apparently they no longer carried my size.  But one of the very helpful college girls offered to measure me and went on to inform me that it's good to be measured every 6 months.  I felt like telling her "honey, I can't afford to be measured every 6 months" but I chose to keep that to myself and just nodded and smiled.  I figured that she was going to measure me and tell me that they wouldn't have anything in my size.  But much to my surprise I actually measured down one size (around my chest, not cup size for those who wondered) and they actually carried my new size!  Imagine that?!  So my little college friend ran off to get me their box of bras so I could try on all of the different styles they offered in my new size.  I tried on the first two and was pleasantly surprised at the fit and was given a rude awakening on how poorly my old bras were fitting...or a better description would be, how poorly my old bras were hanging on my body!  As I moved to try on the 3rd bra I noticed that it was a front clasp.  I thought "oh, I might like this one as they are generally easier to put on".  Boy was I wrong!!!

I proceeded to get the front clasping bra on, pulled it up, got everything adjusted and found that I didn't really like the fit.  Now here's where "stuck" comes into play...

As I moved to take this front clasping bra off, I couldn't get the clasp undone!!!!  I tried several different ways, I moved the bra around on me, I moved it up and down, I twisted, I turned and there was NOTHING I could do to get this stinkin' bra off of me!  I was STUCK!!!  So, what did I do?  I started to panic of course!  I started thinking that I was going to have to ask my little college helper to come into my room and help me!  And that wasn't going to happen, so I continued to struggle some more.  By this point I was ready to just break the stupid bra to get it off and then tell my little college friend that it must haven been broken before she brought it in.  But then I stopped, took a deep breath, and told myself "you are a mom and you're supposed to be able to do anything, you can get this stupid bra off".  So I continued to work at it and after about 10 minutes of struggle I finally got it off!!!  I pulled the thing off and flung it into the box and wanted to spit on it, but composed myself instead and proceeded to put my old bra back on and tell myself that I was satisfied with what I tried on and didn't want to try anything else!

So, I walked out of there with not one bra but two!  It's amazing that a bra can make a woman feel so much better about herself, isn't it?!  And if I learned anything from this little experience it's this...(1) moms really can do anything and (2) don't buy the front clasping bra from VS!

No comments:

Post a Comment