Saturday, September 11, 2010

5 Question Friday...on Saturday!

Ok, so if you read my previous post you'll understand why this post is a little late.  But our internet is back up and running and we're in business.  Now for a Saturday rendition of 5 Question Friday!!
1. Do you feel guilty spending money on yourself?  YES! Yes, I do very much.  We don't have a lot of extra money to spend, so when I do spend money it's almost always on Logan and occasionally on Ian, but almost never on myself.  The last thing I bought for myself was a pair of shoes from Target about 2 months ago and I felt awful about it for a couple of days after because I felt like I probably should have spent that money on shoes for Logan.

2. How well do you know your neighbors? The neighbors next door we know pretty well.  We've done dinners at their house occasionally, we talk out front whenever we see each other, and our kids will play occasionally.  Our other neighbors we know well enough to exchange friendly conversation out front and wave whenever we drive by.  I wish we had neighbors that we were really good friends with that we could BBQ with all the time and hang out regularly.  Maybe we'll have that someday.

3. What age are you looking forward to being? I like the age I am...not really looking forward to an age in the future.  But I guess if I HAD to pick an age, it would be the age that I get to retire at...hopefully sooner rather than later. :)

4. Do you get excited when the mail comes? Why? Heck NO! Pretty much the only thing the mailman delivers to us is bills...yuck!  Although, fewer bills than maybe a year ago, but still it's generally bills and junk mail.  Once a year we get a tax refund check in which case, I would make friends with the mailman if he could get it here faster.  Otherwise, we generally check our mail once or twice a week...that's how excited we are about it!

5. What is your earliest childhood memory? Geezzz...I've realized over the years that I don't have a very good memory and it's getting worse as I'm getting older...maybe I need some ginkobaloba, or whatever that stuff is!  Thinking back as hard as I can, I do have fond memories of spending lots of time at my grandma and grandpa's house when they had their german shepard/wolf mix dog named Tarra and she had puppies and I thought that was the greatest thing in the world.  I loved, loved, loved those puppies and I was lucky that Tarra loved me!  I also have great memories of my grandpa letting me sit on his lap and "drive" his truck to 7-Eleven from their house (like 4 blocks)...he really led me to believe that I was driving!

All right friends...happy Saturday!!  Make the most of your weekend, especially those of you that work full time outside of the home Monday through Friday like me!  And if you want more 5 Question Friday fun, head over to Mama M's.


No comments:

Post a Comment